Frequently asked questions
How to register ?
Before you begin playing Peakmaster, you must connect it to your Strava account.
Connecting your Strava account allows Peakmaster to analyze your activities.
(If you don't have Strava account yet, you can get one on: https://strava.com )
1) Go to http://peakmaster.top
2) Click on the "Connect your Strava account" orange button.
3) You will be redirected automatically to Strava authorization page. Grant authorizations to Peakmaster.
4) Once authorization granted, you're automatically redirected back to your Peakmaster profile page.
Wait for ~1h to have all your Strava activities added to your Peakmaster initial score.
How close from a peak to get a hit ?
The player must be within a 100 meters distance of the peak coordinates ( tolerance to cope with the lack of accuracy of some GPS devices). Altitude is not taken into account.
How list are defined ?
Originally, I put together a list of my favorite peaks in Hong Kong and also found on some websites other interesting peaks to ensure players could discover new spots everywhere in Hong Kong. I ended up with was a list of 100 peaks. Then first players suggested more peaks and I finally stopped at 125 so that climbing all the peaks is challenging but achievable. Recently, players wanted more and suggested secondary peaks and I created Hong Kong II. As of today, there's no plan to merge both challenges.
When my score is updated ?
Usually between 5 and 10 minutes.
This warning is displayed on my player's page : 'Peakmaster does not have enough permissions in Strava to analyze all your activities.' What does it mean?
Which trophies to win ?
- (List) Peakmaster : bag all the peaks of a list
- (Peak) crown: player with highest number of ascents of this peak
- (Peak) pioneer : first player to bag this peak
- Lifetime ascents: 1 new badge for every 500 ascents ( across all lists )
- Super Combo: Max number of peaks bagged during a single activity.
Can I participate to several zones ?
Yes. There are 100+ zones around the world
What is a (list) round ?
Every time you manage to bag all the peaks of a list, you have completed a round. The number of completed rounds is displayed next to the player's name in leaderboard with a star.
How to become a peak pioneer ?
Be the first player to have ever climbed the peak. As of today, every peak ( in Hong Kong ) has a pioneer but if you're a new player in Peakmaster and you did reach the same peak before the current pioneer, you will become the new pioneer.
When I’m climbing the same peak several time during an activity, how many ascent are counted ?
Only 1 ascent per peak per activity.