Frequently asked questions
How to register ?
Before you begin playing Peakmaster, you must connect it to your Strava account.
Connecting your Strava account allows Peakmaster to analyze your activities.
(If you don't have Strava account yet, you can get one on: https://strava.com )
1) Go to http://peakmaster.top
2) Click on the "Connect your Strava account" orange button.
3) You will be redirected automatically to Strava authorization page. Grant authorizations to Peakmaster.
4) Once authorization granted, you're automatically redirected back to your Peakmaster profile page.
Wait for ~1h to have all your Strava activities added to your Peakmaster initial score.
How close from a peak to get a hit ?
The player must be within a 100 meters distance of the peak coordinates ( tolerance to cope with the lack of accuracy of some GPS devices). Altitude is not taken into account.
How list are defined ?
Originally, I put together a list of my favorite peaks in Hong Kong and also found on some websites other interesting peaks to ensure players could discover new spots everywhere in Hong Kong. I ended up with was a list of 100 peaks. Then first players suggested more peaks and I finally stopped at 125 so that climbing all the peaks is challenging but achievable. Recently, players wanted more and suggested secondary peaks and I created Hong Kong II. As of today, there's no plan to merge both challenges.
When my score is updated ?
Usually between 5 and 10 minutes.
This warning is displayed on my player's page : 'Peakmaster does not have enough permissions in Strava to analyze all your activities.' What does it mean?
How long does it take to get my score once I've joined ?
Usually within 1 hour but longer if you have many activites.
Can I participate to several zones ?
Yes. There are 100+ zones around the world
In zone leaderboard, according to which rules players are ranked ?
1. The athlete with a higher number of rounds gets a higher rank
2. If the scores are tied, then player with the a higher number of different peaks gets a higher rank.
3. If the scores are tied, then player with the a higher number of ascents gets a higher rank.
Which of my Strava activities are analyzed ?
All your your strava activities but only the ones with peaks are displayed in Peakmaster.
Can anybody see my Strava activities ?
Peakmaster does not bypass Strava access rights : other players cannot see your activities details unless you granted access in Strava